When is my bill due, and how much is it?
Most of our companies provide an 800 number located on the bill.  By calling that number, you will be connected directly to a customer service billing representative who can provide you with that information. 

Why do you need a copy of my vehicle's NY State Registration?
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has initiated a new liability insurance reporting program for NY State registered vehicles, called the Insurance Information Enforcement Systems (IIES).  The goals of IIES are:
  • Automating the insurance verification process
  • Eliminating insurance identification card fraud
  • Facilitating on-road enforcement
  • Reducing the uninsured motorist population
Insurance carriers require that we, as brokers, provide the mandatory vehicle registration information.  Failure to respond could result in penalties ranging from $500 to $5000 or suspension of registration.  In order for the insurance carrier to comply with IIES law, we need a copy of the registration.
How do I delete a vehicle off my auto policy?
According to New York State Law, in order for a vehicle to be deleted off the auto policy, the plates must be turned into the DMV.  You will be given a green plate surrender receipt that will need to be mailed or dropped off to our agency for us to send to your insurance carrier to delete the vehicle from your policy.
If I rent a vehicle while on vacation, do I have insurance coverage or do I have to take out coverage from the rental company?
A New York State personal auto policy will only provide coverage in the continental US, Puerto Rico, and Canada only.  New York State personal auto policies include coverage for rental vehicles when your current vehicle has comprehensive and collision coverage; therefore, you do not have to take out separate coverage from the rental company.  It will not provide coverage in Mexico or overseas.  Please make sure to add all drivers to the rental agreement to ensure all drivers will be covered in the case of a claim. 
How can I reduce my auto premium? 
  • Western New York Driver Safety Programs are available to help reduce a portion of your bill.  Please see their website for more information:  www.wnydriversafety.com.
  • You may want to consider reducing your comprehensive and collision deductibles to lower your premium.  Please call our office for more information.
  • Some of our insurance carriers will give a discount if the policy is paid in full annually.